Monday, October 7, 2013

Fundraiser number one, is done!


                                      

Well, I have survived my very first fundraiser.  I have to say that I had a great time at the fundraiser and it wast hear warning to see so many of my friends and co-workers come out in support of my baby girl and Rett Syndrome.  I think that everything looked great and that we had some pretty great silent auction items and raffle items.  Our friends were fantastic and all took jobs at the fundraiser to help out.


 


We had a pretty great turnout.  I raised enough money to pay the lawyers to write up Emma's special needs trust so that my family and I will have a place that we can leave her money for her care should something happen to us.  I also made enough money to donate to research which make me feel good, like I am doing something that will help her and all the other beautiful girls just like her.


Emma's Biggest Fans


 

I am looking forward to doing this again and I hope that I can raise even more for research.  We are so close to finding if not a cure as least something that will improve the quality of our girls lives.

I learned a lot this year, like make the minimum bid sign bigger .... not sure how people missed that in 16 font....

Most of all I learned how many people care about my little girl and are willing to come out on a rainy Chicago night to support her.  I was so touched by everyone that came, it meant so much to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment