Sunday, September 15, 2013

GI Doctor do-over

I find it hard to believe that any where on earth could suck more than this particular doctors office.  The first guy I saw treated me like a hysterical mother and ignored my concerns.  The last time I went to this office he kept me waiting over an hour and then sent me to the lab to get Emma tested for a gluten allergy, I asked if I needed a referral and he said "no, because I'm sending you".  Then when the insurance rejected the claim stating that I needed a ..... wait for it.... a F#$&* REFERRAL... he denied ever sending me to the lab and never returned my phone calls.  Jerk.

Why on earth would I go back there you ask? I'll give you a three letter explanation, H.M.O. This is our in network spot, fabulous. I can hardly wait to switch to a PPO. This time was almost as stellar as the last time. I had to wait an hour and twenty minutes in a microscopic, featureless, toy less, non-child friendly room (keep in mind we are at a CHILDREN's hospital). They had 2 patients scheduled for the same doctor at the exact same time. How completely obnoxious and unforgivably inconsiderate! Your right, I couldn't possibly have anything to do other than sit around and wait for you to grace me with your presence. Needless to say the GI do-over was less than sucessful. I am somewhat amused by the shock to my less than cordial greeting. The doctor came in I smiling and perky "Hi! How we doing !". Me: "we are great! I love being forced to wait over an hour for people" 

No comments:

Post a Comment